Hey there. Haven't posted in a while, and was surprised to see people had actually visited the site! How encouraging! Well, so much has happened in the year since my last post, I won't try to fill in the details. Here are some highlights, though: co-organized a conference on Post-9/11 Critical Theory at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario Canada in October. It was called "Beyond Ground Zero: 9/11 and the Futures of Critical Thought." It was, in my humble opinion, a great success, and in the fall of 2008, my co-organizer (Karen Espiritu) and I will edit a special double-issue of The Review of Pedagogy, Education, and Cultural Studies (Routledge) which will feature highlighted articles from the conference. We're very excited!
Music wise, I recorded guitar and backup vocals on Mary Knickle's latest CD: Weave, which is being distributed through CD Baby, as well as Sonic Entertainment, her Halifax management company. Other music projects I'm working on is a new CD with Nathaniel Deshpande, a pop, rock, emo artist out of Guelph. Check out his Purevolume site: http://www.purevolume.com/yourlastexcuse.
Well, that's it for now. Back to marking papers! /Schooly Don, ovrnout.
No comments:
Post a Comment